There’s just something special about using a griddle at home to prepare a big meal. It helps you feel like the expert chef that you are in your heart, but only the best griddle for gas grill can really make that dream come true.
So, how do you know what the top griddles are? Finding the perfect fit for your needs and your gas grill can be difficult, but with these reviews, it doesn’t have to be.
We’ve gathered together complete info about the top five griddles so that you can make your selection easier.
Top 5 Gas Grill Griddles Comparison Chart
Best Griddle for Gas Grill Reviews
1. Victoria Cast Iron Comal Griddle
This handmade cast iron griddle from Columbia has heritage and quality on its side.
With high-quality, handmade craftsmanship, you can expect great things and a lifetime of use from this pan. While this pan does come partially seasoned, it will be more effective as a piece of long-term cookware if you take the time to sand and season it yourself.
The pan is not originally as smooth as it could be, but some basic work can ensure that you have the best cooking experience with it.
Despite the need to season the pan yourself, this pan has a perfect, low edge on it. This edge makes it super easy to flip and scoop things like tortillas and crepes without getting stuck on an edge that is too high or inconvenient to work around. Since it’s so easy to use, it’s worth the time and money investment!
- 10.5-Inch Round Griddle Comal is a classic piece in every kitchen. Great for tortillas, pancakes, flatbreads, veggies and more
- Cooking surface is sloped for more workable cooking surface and easier to slide off food. Larger and curved handle than traditional comals for more stability and maneuverability
- Pre-seasoned Griddle is ready-to-use. Victoria cast iron cookware is seasoned at high temperatures using 100% Non-GMO Flaxseed Oil for a natural easy-release seasoning that gets even better with time
- Victoria cast iron griddles include instructions on use and care to upkeep and improve seasoning with time. Usable in all kitchens: gas, electric, induction, oven, camping, grill etc.
- High quality commercial iron casting for durability and excellent heat retention. Made in Colombia in a family company since 1939. Lifetime Warranty
2. Bruntmor Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan
This large, reversible pan offers the best of both worlds when it comes to grilling out. Let's find out what it can truly offer its user.
The large size of this Bruntmor pan makes it super convenient to use, even when you have your entire grill surface to work with. The pan is 20 by 10 inches, which gives you a lot of surface area to work with no matter which side of the pan you are using.
The reversible design of this pan is its main advantage because whether you are hoping to do more controlled grilling with the pan or you want to have a smooth frying surface to work with on your grill, you’ll find that this pan is easy to reverse and use on either side.
One big problem with this pan is that the cast iron claims to be pre-seasoned, but it’s really not seasoned as well as it could be. Still, this is a very common problem with cast iron. If you want to use cast iron for a long time, then you will need to put in the effort to season and maintain it.
This pan is also very heavy. The weight of it can make it a danger to use if you aren’t very strong, but the weight is also a plus for gas grilling. The heavy bottom will help prevent the pan from being too easily affected by rogue flames while you are grilling, and that can prevent food from burning.
- Pre-seasoned, ready to use upon purchase
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires
- Features grease trap on the sides, oven safe
- Reversible design with ribbed and smooth sides
- Excellent heat conduction and retention
3. Farberware Nonstick 11-Inch Square Griddle
Farberware is amongst the best companies that make great cookware, and this square griddle is no exception to that. Let's find out why.
The Farberware Nonstick 11-inch Square Griddle does a great job of spanning the line of “big cooking area” and “compact size” quite well. While it won’t be the smallest pan in your cupboard, it won’t take up so much room that it becomes inconvenient even to own. This line is hard to balance, but the square griddle does it quite well.
Another appealing quality of this pan is the Teflon Plus nonstick coating. This coating does a fantastic job of preventing food from sticking, and it even helps to make the pan impervious to damage caused by utensils.
Even though the coating does a great job, it can wear out over time. With just a few months of regular use, you may notice that your pan gets some sticky spots where food is always burning or sticking. This is common with coated aluminum pans, and unfortunately, the only way to avoid it is to wash your pan more carefully and use it less.
The center of this pan is domed, and this can lead to some minor hot spots. Still, the construction of the pan and the nonstick qualities make it possible to cook without oil, so you can cook healthier while using this Farberware griddle.
- 11-Inch Square Griddle
- Aluminum construction ensures fast, even heating; distinctive exterior color adds style to kitchens
- Durable nonstick features a textured surface to create air pockets that heat food quickly and evenly to help reduce hot spots that can burn foods
- The nonstick griddle is oven safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and is also dishwasher safe for convenience; comfortable, sturdy handle
- This square griddle is a great complement to many other items in the Farberware collections
4. Ecolution Evolve 11-inch Nonstick Griddle
This crimson sunset red nonstick griddle relies on a water-based nonstick coating that is surprisingly effective.
Ecolution wanted to make a nonstick griddle that didn’t rely on the chemical-heavy materials like Teflon. Instead, they used the water-based Hydrolon to encourage food to release from the pan easily, and those nonstick properties are very effective. Not only is this pan easy to cook with, but it is also easy to clean.
Most griddles that you find will not be dishwasher safe due to the material they are made out of or the nonstick coatings that are used on the pan, but this pan is a big exception to that general rule! You can put this product into the dishwasher regularly without worrying about it being damaged.
However, due to how fragile the nonstick coating on this pan is, it cannot be used with anything but soft, silicone-style utensils. Metal utensils will cause abrasions that will ultimately prevent the nonstick coating from being effective.
- Sturdily and dependably constructed of heavy gauge aluminum in beautiful crimson sunset red. Built for high performance
- Safe, nontoxic water based Hydrolon nonstick coating facilitates easy food release and fast cleaning
- Grooved, textured heat bands on the bottom offer superior conductivity and even, consistent cooking
- Soft, squeezable silicone handle provides a secure and comfortable grip
- Dishwasher safe, and easy to clean and store, so it's ideal for everyday use
5. Hawkins Nonstick Flat Dosa Griddle
This dosa-style pan is specifically designed with no sides to be able to make dosa.
While this pan’s design was created for making specific food like dosa, it can be used just as effectively to make and flip other food items like cutlets because of the no-side design. While this design definitely takes some getting used to, it’s a unique product that will serve a specific function in your kitchen.
Additionally, the handle is incredibly durable and offers a unique grip to allow for flipping. If you want to make tortillas, crepes, omelets or another food that would benefit from you being able to flip it quickly, this tool will help you immensely.
One big drawback of this pan is that it has a convex bottom. While this won’t be a problem for most gas grills, it is possible that this bottom could make it inconvenient to use depending on your goals. Additionally, you won’t be able to double up on your usage and use this pan on your stove top if it is a glass-top oven.
Also, the nonstick coating on this pan is not very durable and will wear out over time, so the ability to cook things without oil will only last for as long as the coating does.
- Non-stick coating on heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum
- Extra thick for even heating
- Stay cool handle. Thickness is 0.19 inch
- Nonstick Tava can cook all the foods with less or no oil or butter, if required
- Less expert cooks will find it easy to produce great tasting results on Futura Nonstick Tava, with the help of The Futura manual included
The best griddle for gas grill lovers on this list is, without a doubt, the Victoria Cast Iron Comal Griddle. This super durable pan is handmade with high-quality materials that can stand up to the grill time and time again. While you will need to season it, any good grill equipment will need some regular care.
If you prefer something that offers more versatility while still having the quality and even-heating strength of cast iron, the Bruntmor Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan is a great alternative. This pan will also need seasoning, but it offers two different cooktop options that can add to your workspace on the grill or even let you take your grilling inside if the weather is bad.
No matter which griddle you choose, you can be sure that you will find a great experience when exploring the world of griddles with options from today’s top five list!