If you love food, then you should also know how to cook. Do you have a limited kitchen space? Do you want to prepare your favorite barbeque indoors? Then, it’s time to get your griddle. There are two types of griddle; the electric griddle and the traditional one.
There are different varieties of foods that you can make with your griddle. You can toast flatbreads, cook pancakes, and grill steaks on it. Don’t forget to wash it properly before storing it every after use to lengthen its lifespan.
If this is your first time to use a griddle in cooking, you might be asking yourself how to start. There’s no need to worry because we got your back.
This article talks about the things you need to keep in mind and steps to follow when cooking on a gas griddle. To know more about it, then keep scrolling, read this and enjoy!
Prepare Your Griddle
1. Pick a Gas Griddle
A traditional griddle enables you to cook using your gas burners. A gas griddle comes in different sizes. Pick the one that fits on a small or medium-sized burner.
Considering that it does not feature a temperature monitor, you need to keep an eye on your food while cooking. Gas griddles are usually made from:
- Stainless steel
- Cast iron
2. Wash the Griddle
Right after you purchase your gas griddle, make sure to clean it using soapy and hot water. Rinse it thoroughly. Use a soft towel to dry it.
3. Season it Before Cooking
You need to put a small amount of vegetable oil or cooking oil on the surface of the gas griddle.
Use a paper towel when doing this step. Let the oil sit onto the surface for some minutes and wash it with water. Before using it, make sure that the griddle surface is completely dry.
It’s Cooking Time!
The following are some of the sample meals you can do using your gas griddle;
1. Grill Meats, Seafood, or Steaks
An indoor gas griddle is a big help for you to grill burgers or steak easily. Considering that it does not need to be pre-heated using charcoal, you can grill your favorite meats, seafood, and steaks in no time.
Hamburgers, sausages, and steaks are some of the foods you can cook using a ridged or flat griddle.
2. Use to Cook Your Favorite Breakfast
One of the most popular kitchen equipment in most diners is the griddle because of different reasons.
You can use it for making your fave breakfast with ease and convenience. You can cook eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, French toast, and pancakes on your gas griddle.
3. Create Quesadillas
Quesadilla is one of the popular breakfast food you can make using your griddle. With your gas griddle, all you need to do is to heat your tortillas and fill it with some cheese and other fillings of your choice. If you want crispy quesadilla, slightly press it down.
Steps on Cooking with Gas Griddle
Whether you are using a gas griddle over a gas burner or stovetop, you can find it easy. As mentioned, griddles come in two types; electric and traditional griddles.
A gas griddle is a traditional type. As its name entails, you can use it over a gas burner.
The following are the steps to follow when cooking with a gas griddle;
- Set Up Your Griddle – Before anything else, you need to set up your griddle over a gas burner. If you are going to reposition it, make sure that you will not slide it through the burner as it can damage its cover. Rather than sliding, lift it to avoid damages. Make sure that the burner suits the size of the griddle. Also, ensure that the heat of the gas burner is enough to heat the griddle pan evenly.
- Heat it – Before you start cooking, you need to pre-heat the griddle. The material of the griddle affects the time needed for the tool to heat up.
If you are not sure whether or not the griddle is ready, try to pour some water drops onto the surface. A hot griddle sizzles the water drops immediately.
If the water stays for some seconds to sizzle, the griddle pan is at medium heat. Lastly, if the water sizzles after a couple of minutes, the pan is not yet ready for use.
Varying on the meal you want to cook, you need to keep an eye to the griddle’s heat temperature.
- Oil It – This step is only optional. If your griddle pan is made from steel or cast iron, applying oil is necessary to avoid the meat from sticking. You can use vegetable oil or water in this step. On the other hand, if your griddle pan is made from copper, this step is not needed.
- Start Cooking – At last, you can now start grilling meats and steaks and cook your favorite breakfast. A gas griddle pan will save your time and effort in preparing foods as it can cook your meal in no time. Just make sure that the pan has the right heat temperature.
Foods to Cook Using Gas Griddle
Now that you know how to cook on a gas griddle, you might be asking yourself what foods I can cook using this kitchen equipment. Well, there are lots of foods you can prepare using a gas griddle. The following are just some;
- French toast
- Sausages or bacon
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
A gas griddle is a versatile kitchen equipment every food and cooking enthusiast should have. It enables you to cook and prepare a wide range of foods.
If you are tired of using your ordinary frying pan in preparing your breakfast, why not consider making it using your gas griddle?
Gas griddles are popular kitchenware in terms of cooking and preparing foods for a crowd. So, you can now invite your family members and friends for an overnight party.
Show them your impressive cooking skills using your new gas griddle pan.